Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Scarf and Fingerless Gloves

I finally got around to learning how to cable! I made Stephen a scarf which I think came out really well. I followed a fantastic pattern and it came out just splendidly! Just like the picture. Stephen is very happy with it and it is oh so warm and cozy. But luckily for him I cannot wear it being that I made it from an acrylic and wool blend and I am super sensitive to wool. It is probably one of the nicest things I've made (not to boast too much!). I have also recently finished (still have to sew up a few fingers!) a pair of fingerless gloves for a friend of mine. Not my greatest work but not bad either. I will have pictures when I finally finish them completely. I really don't enjoy knitting at all. I would much rather make a nice banana cake. But there is something about having a nice pile of knitting in your lap on a cold winter night while your watching a movie. Although knitting has to be one of the most frustrating things I do for a hobby. Go figure!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Don't enjoy knitting? Up your butt! I'd enjoy knitting a lot more if I could knit like that little missy.