Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Gary Mozingo Experience

This is my adventure from Saturday June 7th. I will split it into a few posts. Here's the first:

Yesterday Stephen and I went to Six Flags Great Adventure with our church. It was intended to be for the youth group but a few parents and younger kids came along as well. There were quite a few of us in total but a fun group all in all. The day started off a little nutty with figuring out who was driving and all that but we got on the road and arrived at the park around 10am. After getting in the gates we headed to "Dark Knight" which was awful. We than started sweating profusely. We rode "Nitro" which was worth the hour long wait. Than it was time for lunch (yes those two things took that long). After lunch at the cars half the group wanted to hit up some ride where water was involved. The other half wanted to ride "Superman". Stephen and I, along with our friend Mitch, had 7 teens in tow. We waited and waited in the line. We started to get sick from the sun. My head hurt and this kid Evan felt like he was going to throw up. One kid decided to get out of line to get a drink. We got his cell number and said we would call when we got off the ride. Another 20 minutes later we hear that the ride is broken down. I announce we should get some water so we don't all have heat strokes and Stephen and Mitch agree. After a much needed break we split into two groups. Mitch and Stephen took 4 of the kids and went to the log flume. I took 3 and went to the wooden coasters. Oh, did I mention it was 100 degrees with full sun? Yeah, well, it was only the beginning...

1 comment:

howie said...

I have never been to six flags. Now I know why. You can tell a Jerseyite from other folks. We call it great adventure.yours sounds like a not so great adventure. I can't wait to read the next installment. I hope you survive.