Sunday, June 8, 2008

Gracie in Koch Land

Part 2 (see below for part 1):





So we, me, Larissa, her brother Joe, and Luke, head over to "El Toro". Larissa (a very fun 13 year old girl) and I wanted to crap our pants when we saw the drop! It looked terrifying. But we were brave and all got in line, after helping Luke hide his bag from the employees so we didn't have to rent a locker. I have to say we all made the best of what could have been a very miserable time. None of the kids knew me very well and I barely knew them. So we spent some time chatting about this and that. They talked about school and teachers and I made jokes about feeling so old. After about an hour we were up! Larissa said she wanted to ride with me so we got in the car behind to boys. And, since we were bad luck for the day, the ride was having some problems starting up. At this point we really felt doomed! But sure enough after a few minutes we took off. It was amazing! On the first drop Luke put up his very long arms (he's 6'4!) and caught someones gross sweat rag. Peoples jewelry was flying off as well. It was crazy and we all had a very good laugh for the rest of the day about it! And, I must say, it was the best roller coaster I have ever been on! So feeling good and wanting more we headed to "Rolling Thunder" and waited in line for an hour and a half for an extremely disappointing ride. Not worth the wait at all. But we laughed so hard about it it was almost worth it. By the time we got off it was 5pm, time to head to the arena for the concert we were there to see. I was so hot and tired and grumpy by this point I wanted nothing more than a shower and something tasty to eat. But we had to sit through the two bands I could care less about before we could head home. I also had an allergy attack in the arena which really did not help things.



After about two hours of sweating some more, and feeling jipped by the fact I only rode 4 rides in about 7 hours, we got to the cars... (oh, no it's not over yet)...

No comments: