Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Yeasty!

I used to be terribly afraid of yeast breads. I always made quick breads. But fairly recently I decided to make some yeast bread. I tackled the first one with my mom and after one failure of not adding the proper amount of flour (my fault), we came out with a yummy honey oatmeal bread. Being that I'm not a big honey oatmeal bread fan I decided to make some soft white sandwich bread. It made two very good loaves and I popped both loaves (sliced) into the freezer and my mom made french toast out of one loaf and it was amazing! So I recently made another two loaves and sliced one thick and we had another round of french toast. After the yummy white bread I thought focaccia would be the next practical step. It was! I made olive and rosemary focaccia and the next day Stephen and I made some spicy panini's out of it! Now all I want to make are yeast breads. I'm glad I'm getting back into my adventurous side of baking.

No comments: