Monday, May 14, 2007

Can't.Stop.Baking.

OK so my baking as almost moved beyond being a hobby. Or it is a obsessive hobby at least. I have now ventured into the land of creating my own recipes! How exciting. See with knitting (as much as I love it!) I was never comfortable enough to try my own things. I mean I did a few times and maybe it needs more years of practice but with baking I feel like I could make anything (as long as it is fairly simple). This Friday I took a recipe I liked in theory and made it better with my own twist. I changed quite a bit so I feel confident to say it is my own recipe. I changed the flour, sugar, and flavorings. I'd say that's pretty adventurous. I'm happy and I just did some research on baking and all the ingredients involved and feel ready to tackle something maybe like a coffee cake or muffins. Yay for baking and yay for creativity!!

No comments: